Sunday, March 8, 2009

You too can speak Russian (at least 7 words of it!)



Tonight's blog will be educational and brought to you by our second purchase- a book called "When I Met You: A Story of Russian Adoption" It is another darling book by Adrienne Ehlert Bashista. She is also the author of "Mishka". When Bashista was in the process of adopting her son, Jaime, from Russia she couldn't find a picture book to capture the special circumstances they became a family, so she decided to write one herself. Chad and I really love it because at the end there is a picture guide to some Russian words. Fun, I thought you might enjoy giving these a whirl!

Teddy Bear: (you know this one) M(i)sh-ka
Butterfly: ba-boch-ka
Boot: sa-pog
Heart: s(i)er-tse
Airplane: sa-mo-l(i)ot
Present: Po-da-rok
And my favorite- Flag: flaag

That was fun, huh? I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and it was much more restful than ours. As you all know, our home study is this Saturday and we are so ready to go! We are really looking forward to the visit. I feel good about the house and I am really excited because this concludes the for "America" portion of our journey, post home study we will begin to gather materials to send to Russia! So that is really exciting, a new chapter in our adventure is right around the corner. Can't wait to take you along for the ride......

No comments:

Post a Comment