Friday, January 25, 2013

The auction is open!

Please stop by and visit an online auction I am hosting for my sweet lil' sunshine! HERE is my post about my sweet friend, Cameron. You can read about Cameron HERE and find out about an amazing opportunity before her as she has been chosen for the World Race. You can read more about what the World Race is HERE.
I'm not calling you lazy or anything...but If you don't like the whole link thing, the World Race is a mission trip of a lifetime. She will travel to 11 countries in 11 months and do A LOT of good work for the less fortunate and impoverished in:
Thailand
Cambodia
Vietnam
South Africa
Mozambique
Swaziland
Nepal
India
Turkey
Bulgaria
Romania

Wow. I am just in awe of this  adventure and the work Cameron will be doing. I know at this point in my life I could never accomplish this feat. Then I think of myself as a young twenty something. I probably would have been scared to death of the prospect of this. It would have been waaaay out of my comfort zone. Add in the mountain of money you need to raise to basically live abroad for 11 months and, well....I think I would have just sat at home on the couch. BUT- this little lady is putting fear and doubt behind her and running full steam ahead into the unknown. I am so proud of her. I wish I could just whip out my checkbook and send her on her way....but alas, I cannot :(
So, I'm doing the next best thing- FUNDRAISING! Now, as many of you adoptive mama's know, we can fundraise the mess out of a looming financial situation. :)

So, PLEASE stop by the auction page HERE and place a bid, make a donation (tax deductible) and share the sunshine!
Here are a few of the lovely items- (in addition to some great gift cards!) I mean it's like making a donation AND getting a prize! What could be better than that?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment