Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Charlie's newest toy

So, this is Charlie's latest fun thing! I bought the original book "Springtime Surprise" on a Target 90% clearance and had no idea it belonged to the Leapfrog Tag Junior system. I just bought it, well, because I am cheap and it was 90% off. But it turns out it has this cool gizmo (pictured is the Target Toy Story online exclusive) Normally, it comes in white with purple or green trim, but this one is the alien from Toy Story and it is so cute! Well you download the books online that you buy in the store and it links up interactive reading and questions onto that little guy you hold in your hand as you skim it over the book. You can even program your child's name into the gizmo. So when you turn it on it says "Hello Charlie!" When you scan it over the pictures in the book it says "Can you find the green egg?" and when you move the lil' guy over the green egg, it says "Good job! You found the green egg!" It makes reading fun and truly gets a child comfortable maneuvering around a book. It keeps track of your child's learning patterns online and you can print out corresponding activity sheets for the books. I thought Charlie would love it! It would interest his desire for "high tech" items, catch him up on some language skills, and the way he responds to language. I can just see him playing with this on the airplane. I know I've already had a blast playing with it!

4 comments:

  1. My little guy loves his, but I have to be very careful when he has the books, he can rip the paper off the books very easy. Even though they are board books, the pages are just glued and can be torn very easilt. And of course chewed on. He loves to hear hello Camden when he turns it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I was looking at the Leapfrog Tag for our boys. At this point I'm afraid to buy anything else until we actually get a court date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Can I request a post topic? Any suggestions on packing for first trip...bring this, don't bring this, etc. Not that we have travel dates or anything...but I'm stressing and trying to pass the time. Not a good combo, as you know :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one Target-girl to another, I applaud you! Good find! Our oldest, when asked what the red sticker meant at the age of 4, could tell you it was "cheap." My boys know the route I take to check all the clearance end-caps on our weekly (okay, at least twice-weekly) trips to our local Target(s). ;o)

    ReplyDelete