Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Positive News

This is great news, but I would still like someone to call me personally and say "Chad and Sarah, this is how this effects you and Charlie" Is that too much to ask? I mean, there can't be too many of us in this exact predicament, right? I need some clarification people! I mean it is ALL ABOUT ME! (That's a joke, but not really....)I am waiting to hear from our agency, I have resorted to annoyance. I am trying the "squeaky wheel" approach. I didn't want it to come to this. I am hoping they may be able to provide more definite answers to our questions. But, nevertheless, this is a wonderful step in the right direction. Please keep praying.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children’s Issues

May 12, 2010

A U.S. interagency team held meetings to discuss an adoption agreement with their Russian counterparts on May 12. The meetings are ongoing and will continue on May 13. The initial talks were positive, productive and conducted in a spirit of cooperation. Both sides are interested in taking steps to increase the safeguards for adopted children. The discussions were technical in nature because they involve domestic laws of two countries. There is still important work to be done and this continues to be a high priority for both governments.

It is our understanding that there has been no change in the status of on-going inter-country adoptions originating from Russia. Many thousands of Russian children, who were not adopted by Russian families, have found loving, safe and permanent homes in the United States through inter-country adoption. We are pleased to be discussing with the Russian government a future approach to ensure intercountry adoptions continue.

4 comments:

  1. I check your blog every morning when I get to work, hoping to find that you've received a court date. I think the squeaky wheel approach is a good one - just the first time of many that you'll advocate for your sweet boy :). Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the squeaky wheel approach....we have all done it with our agencies (for me, many many times) just don't take no and keep pushing for answers!! Hang in there - hoping to hear you have a court date very very soon!!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you hear something VERY soon!!!
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I agree!! I quick email would be nice, stating they have our little miss's file right in front of them and they will now expedite our case without further delay (or screw up!).......boy that would be terrific. Well, at least its all quite positive for now, we'll take it, right? Bring on the court dates!!

    ReplyDelete