Thursday, October 20, 2011

Feeling Thankful...

Today we went for ultrasound #2 and we are thrilled to tell you that Jack is healthy and right on track. During the  ultrasound, when we were zoomed in on his hand, he gave us a perfect thumbs up! His way of saying "Everything is A-OK!" Right now he weighs about 5 1/2 pounds, has moved into the "action" position, and his due date has changed from November 18th to the 21st. (Not because of size or any physical reason, its just that the 18th is booked up for scheduled c-sections)
Circle Shower
I feel as if we have been given this amazing gift. I am just feeling so thankful. 
My ladies group held a shower for me on Tuesday and I got a lot of really nice things including this awesome stroller that holds an infant seat, has a regular seat, but also a bench seat in the back for Charlie to sit on stand up on. Very handy!
Then on Sunday my sister and very dear friend and co-worker hosted a church wide shower for me. It was amazing! My mom was there and I felt so humbled to be surrounded by such a group of wonderful, supportive people. We got EVERYTHING we need for this baby! Yeah!
Cute clothesline!
Now, you may wonder why it has taken me over a week to post this. Well, our house, as my sister said best, "looks like a Babies-R-Us exploded all over your house" We had stuff EVERYWHERE. I have finally dug halfway through the rubble. 6 loads of laundry later, all the clothes, linens, and tiny socks have been cleaned, folded and put away.
My mom's "clothesline" that stretched around the room!

Charlie's Angels!
As my birthday weekend approaches, I just can't help but think how thankful I am. I am thankful for all my friends and family, thankful for this new little life about to make his way into ours. I am thankful that Charlie is growing and changing and is so happy. I am thankful for my husband and how patient and kind he is. I am thankful for the family that God is building for us. Looking back, even five years ago, I never would have imagined what He had in store for 2011. What a wild ride! I am so thankful to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. As I read this post, I too feel so blessed by the miracles that God has given us this year. My favorite job in the world has been being a Mom to two awesome daughters, then my wonderful Chad, then becoming a Baba. After a ten year wait, I get to beautiful babies in less than a year. I am indeed thankful to be called Momma & Baba!!

    ReplyDelete