Friday, March 5, 2010

DETAILS!

I’m sorry I haven’t posted many details, as you can imagine I am overwhelmed and absolutely exhausted!
So here’s all the juicy details…..
Rewind to Tuesday. My BFF is having her first baby, I am hosting a baby shower for her in Florida on March 21st. So I decide, I need to start flying for practice since it’s been 10 years since I’ve flown, am absolutely petrified to fly, but I figure a nice warm up, 1 ½ hour flight will be a good start. So I book the tickets. Jokingly tell everyone that the next day we are going to get “the call” since I’ve booked a non-refundable ticket. (I did get the insurance so that I can use it within a year)
Fastforward to Wednesday morning. In the morning I’ve been e-mailing our case manger back and forth b/c a lot of our forms are getting dangerously close to expiration. 4:18 p.m. The phone rings with that area code! You know the one! I answer the phone. My voice cracks like a pre-teen boy, it is shrill and about an octave too high, it kinda startles me coming out of my mouth. It’s odd enough that my co-worker stops working and looks up at me. “We have good news for you, Sarah!” I jump over my desk (At which point co-worker has alerted the entire office what was going on) and run into an office where I continue to scream, cry, and jump up and down. “It’s a little boy!” She continues to give me all the details, height, weight, history. I wasn’t listening to anything. I think this is a common occurrence because later that night a nice email came through with all the details clearly typed. A huge crowd has gathered. I call Chad. My boss tells me to go on home because it’s obvious no work is going to be done for the remainder of the day, get on home. We were told pictures and the official translated medical information wouldn’t be available until tomorrow morning. I was so happy it happened on a Wednesday because we were able to share the news with our teens and church family all at one time.
Thursday at 2:34 (after checking my email every 3 minutes, beginning at 8:03) we finally get another call with that fabulous, wonderful area code. The pictures are on the way. AND THERE ARE 4 OF THEM!!! We are thrilled. I call Chad and tell him to come IMMEDIATELY! He arrives in 10 minutes. We wait and wait and wait. I am now checking my email every 3 SECONDS. At 2:56 I can’t take it anymore. I send an email IN ALL CAPS!!!! “WE HAVEN’T GOTTEN ANY PICTURES YET!!!!” 3:04 the most beautiful e-mail I have ever received arrives in my box. “Pictures of Baby S” YIPPPEEEEE!!!! We open them up and stand in awe, and tears of the most perfect little person. He looks so healthy. He has rosy beautiful cheeks, full lips, a little mischievous smile….(yes he was smiling in his picture!!!) GREY eyes and dark blonde hair. He looks TALL! And even on the chunky side! I wish I could show you his picture, but you know the rules, he’s not legally ours, so no pictures until everything is official!
Now we are taking care of nuts and bolts. We are meeting with our doctor on Monday that is reviewing his medicals. After that we’ll get hopefully get his stamp of approval and Tuesday morning we’ll be making our travel arrangements.
I was hesitant writing all of this because so many things are up in the air. But this is real. This is the way I feel right now. I have always been up front and honest about the way I was feeling, so I am not ashamed to say “I am in love!!” I know it’s probably not the wisest thing, or they way I should be guarding my heart in case of some unforeseen disappointment, but I don’t care! I want to shout it from the rooftops “I have met my son!”

7 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    Woo Hoo! Praise the Lord that your time has finally come. We are so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear all about your journey to Pskov and Pechory to meet your precious son. If you need to talk or have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

    Love,
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see those photos. I know how long it might be before you can post them though!!! How old is your little one? So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! So exciting - I'm happy to hear it's love at first sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe that I am going to be a Gramma!!! It all seems so unreal... Just think, I will have a new little person to spoil. You know that is my favorite thing to do. I LOVE YOU LOTS & know that you & Chad will be wonderful parents. Momma (aka Grammy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you. Have you heard when you will travel for you first trip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go ahead the shout it! This is GOOD news. I'm so glad for you Sarah. When are you traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! Congratulations! Very very exciting!

    Kim
    www.ayankeeintennessee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete