Friday, March 19, 2010

Here we go.....

What's done is done, the stuff is all packed (two suitcases, two backpacks, and one purse!) Yipppeee! I am so proud of myself. I may be smelly by the end of the week, but I WILL NOT feel like a pack mule. Half of my suitcase is dedicated solely to orphanage aid, so think of all the space I'll have for souvenirs!
Hopefully, you can keep up with us via the blog (we will have use of our Blackberry internationally via email) and we will update Chad's facebook as often as possible. We are unsure about how reliable Internet is going to be in Pskov. Please no phone calls or text messages- Russia is the #1 most expensive place (no I'm not making this up) to receive calls and texts.
But PROMISE you will pray for a safe journey across the ocean (happy place, happy place, happy place) and a wonderful time with Baby S. Please pray that developmentally, both physically and mentally, he is where he should be. Pray that he has JOY in his tiny little heart; That living in an institution (despite how clean and nice it looks) has not broken his spirit. Even though I know without a shadow of a doubt, the ladies working there are doing the best they can with the resources they have, they are still NOT a substitute for a family. Pray that he knows we are his Mama and Papa and he knows our faces. Pray that tonight (on his SECOND BIRTHDAY!)that he dreams of our faces. Pray that he knows we are going to love him for the rest of our lives. Pray that on Friday when we leave him that he will not be confused; that he knows if we had one wish it would be that we could take him home with us IMMEDIATELY. Is it too much to ask that when we hand over our completed "Court Dossier" that they say- awe shucks, stay another week and lets do Court right away? Probably so, but miracles happen, right?
We appreciate all your prayers, warm wishes, and friendship. We are so blessed.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how close you are to meeting Baby Deetz!! I am praying that your journey is safe & the rewards are great! God speed! Don't forget I love you sooooooo much!!!!! Even though I can't go with you, I am with you because we live in each others hearts. Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO very excited for you guys! Now that you're ready to go, please please please try to relax and ENJOY this! I know it is hard to do that, but God has this all in His hands!
    Prayers for you--you're in my heart!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be thinking of you guys and praying that all goes well. Can't wait to follow your journey! Please say a special prayer for our little Sooner while you are in Pechory - her mommy and daddy will be back for her very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be praying for you as you fly and for a wonderful meeting and time spent together as a family!

    Can't wait to follow along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying praying praying for you three, and praying those happy pills work for your flight :) CANT WAIT to hear about little baby boy S.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was amazing the peace God gives you on the trips. It was the best 2trips of our lives and I am so scared of flying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I found your blog while looking for Russian adoption information and decided to follow your journey. My husband and I started the process in January and hopefully will be complete with our paperwork this week. I pray your journey is safe and I also pray the 2nd trip will quickly approach. Good luck and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got to fill us in!!! How are things going????

    ReplyDelete