Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Best Efforts....

Our agency has asked us to put together a list of everyone we have contacted in an effort for our voice to be heard in this situation. I'm sure that there are some names I have forgotten, after a while hearing "I'm sorry, but there is nothing we can do to help you" all starts running together....here is my letter, I have removed some names, because I'm sure my personal contact's don't want to be splashed all over blog land....

Dear Agency:
We understand that moving to another region would be easier than trying to wait on the uncertainty in Pskov. However, that just isn’t an option for us. After thinking about the situation at hand, if we gave up on Stas that would make us no better than Torry Hansen. Giving up on a child just because the situation isn’t “easy” isn’t an option for us. Stas is our son, unless the Russian government says otherwise. We will wait for him as long as it takes. It doesn’t matter to us if he is 2, 3, or 17 years old. From the first time we saw him, we knew he was our son and now seven and a half months later, he is even more deeply rooted in our hearts.


As you requested, here is a list of all the people (that I can remember, I’m sure there have been more) we have contacted trying to be as proactive as possible in the effort to get Stas home:

1-Joint Council on International Children’s Services
2- US Embassy in Moscow
3-Karen Twomey, WBZ Radio Boston
4-Kate Gallagher, CBS Boston
5-Jean Lewis, Office of Children’s Issues, Department of State
6-FRUA
7-Jim, RussianAdoptionHelp.com
8-Show Hope, Steve Curtis Chapman Foundation for Adoption
9-Chuck Johnson, National Council for Adoption
10-Deti Nashi Foundation for Adoption (I am organizing a diaper donation drive in our community to get a large supply of diapers to Stas’ orphanage in Idritsa in November)
11-Senator Jim DeMint
12-Senator Bob Inglis
13-Senator Lindsey Graham
14-State Representative Mike Forrester
15-Governor Mark Sanford
16- Emily Ballas, Secretary of State Office
17- And of course, I have been in close contact with five other families that have met their children in Pskov and are waiting on a court date as well.

I can’t say that any of the people we have contacted (or in the case of the two news reporters, contacted us) have been able to help. Ultimately, we hear the same thing, that the decision to allow Stas to come home lies solely in the hands of the Judge. Chuck Johnson (National Council for Adoption) is traveling to Russia this month and has promised to present our case. That is the most promising news we have received in all of these contacts. Ultimately, we have placed this situation in God’s hands. We are trusting that he will see us through.
As always we thank you for your help. We wish there was something more we could do to get Stas home where he belongs, with a mom and a dad all for his own. We have waited almost 11 years to be parents and know that Stas will be the center of our world. Thank you for hanging in there with us….

Sincerely,
Chad and Sarah Deetz

11 comments:

  1. Sarah, I can only imagine your struggle right now. What an incredible mother you are! Keep up your efforts, Sincerely,
    Summer Sims

    "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor. 15:58

    www.what-faith-can-do.blogspot.com
    summersims87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. . .you all remain in my prayers. Most especially I pray for a reunification of your family as soon as possible. Hang in there!

    Love that you won't give up on him. . .I wouldn't either!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you my friend. I think of you all so often, as well as the judge. God is good, and this will happen and Charlie will be home soon and you will be a beautiful family of three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and heartfelt message. Saying a little prayer for Chuck Johnson's visit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romans 5:4 endurance produces character, and character produces hope.

    Your dedication to Charlie speaks louder than any apostilled documents ever could! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah! Charlie has no idea what a blessing he has been given with you as his parents. Please know I'm praying that we will see God work mightily in Pskov soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart aches for you. Your son is so lucky to have parents that are willing to fight so long and hard. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please know that there are many prayer warriors following your blog and that we are lifting you three in prayer for a speedy ratification of the treaty and an equally speedy and successful conclusion of your adoption. You need your son and Charlie needs his parents NOW!

    "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.... If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:28/31

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear daughter, you are the strong woman that I prayed for as I raised you. You are dedicated, loyal and loving. You make me very proud of the woman you have become. But, most importantly, God knows your heart and will never give up on you & Chad becoming parents either, just as you won't give up on Charlie (a Momma never does). You are fighting the good fight & will be successful in reaching your goal. You have always made high goals for yourself & I can't think of one that you have not reached. I LOVE YOU & STAY STRONG!! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have kept you in my prayers and have not forgotten you. Bless your hearts. Ok...so what if you didn't change regions...but you added another region? and ended up with two in the long run...you would probably go back again..if you are like me...you will be addicted. And the dossier time to slap something together wouldn't take you long...you are a pro I am sure. I am NOT by any means asking you to give up on Charlie...just find him a brother or a sister...you never know what God has planned for you...and there are MANY children who would LOVE to have you two for their parents. You guys are incredible. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still praying for you and the judge and our babies. We are still getting document requests from the Judge/MOE. Every month it is a new one. I feel like they are yanking our chain. It is VERY frustrating. I'm not really sure why they are giving us such grief when we are adopting a special needs child. Hoping and praying that the meeting with Chuck Johnson will bring about a court date!

    ReplyDelete