Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tight Wad Wednesday

My trusty couponing helper! Charlie holds my coupons and
"matches" them up to the items after we put them in the
cart.  He was proud of our haul too and jumped into the pic!

What we got:
12 rolls Scott Paper Towels
1 pack of Pull-Ups for bedtime
(5) 2 ltr. bottles of Pepsi
Always girl stuff
2 boxes Kleenex
Free CVS Bandaids
Free CVS Body wash
Free Revlon Nail Polish
Revlon Bronzer
Revlon Mascara
(2) Revlon Eyeshadows
Free Chocolate Bar (didn't make it into the photo, because I pay my helper in chocolate)
Total out of Pocket $11.59. Great day at CVS and Walgreens (AND....I'm not done yet! I got a few rainchecks for items that didn't come in and after I purchase $9 more dollars, before coupons of course, I'll get a $10 gas card. Yipppeee!!!) I like to think of it as buying two packs of paper towels  as I would have in my old "non-couponing" life and getting all that other stuff for free.... 

5 comments:

  1. Doesn't it just make you smile to lay it all out and snap a picture and list it all with the grand total!! Stupid me canceled my paper for the month we were gone and I'm still not back in the swing of things (everything seems to have been in a June circular!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really awesome! I wish I had the patience to figure all that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Don't despair! We were in Russia for a month and then I took a coupon holiday for 1 1/2 and lived off our stockpile! It took me a while to get back into the swing of things. But I slowly did it!
    Kim: You can do it! Sign up for a free class (I teach them from time to time, but unless you're from SC it may be a drive!) and it'll be as easy as 1,2,3 once you've gotten a few shopping trips under your belt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 your little helper. He sure is handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a coupon so Baba can get a cute helper....I up the payment to 2 chocolate (bunny) bars!!

    ReplyDelete