Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the 7th Day of Christmas......

My true love gave to me.... 7 Holiday movies!
In no particular order, our favorite 7 must see Holiday movies.
#1- Elf: A new classic. I quote this movie all the time, I just can't help it. "Smiling is my favorite" "You sit on a throne of lies" "SANTA! I know him!" Did you know Friday was "Answer the phone like Buddy the elf day"? "Buddy the elf here, what's your favorite color?"
#2- White Christmas: Chad and his mom sign every word to this entire movie. It's like movie and a show.
#3- Christmas Vacation. I said no particular order, but this is my absolute favorite Christmas movie. I still laugh hysterically every time I watch it. Chad's favorite part is with Uncle Eddie and the see through sweater with the Dickie. My favorite part is the sledding scene, or maybe the part with the squirrel. Classic. Absolutely classic.










#4- Christmas Story: Also a much quoted movie in our household. "You'll shoot your eye out" "Frage-ley, must be Italian" Hilarious.
#5- Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. Oh so cute. I really want a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. I love Linus, he's my favorite. It's also fun to re-enact the dancing scenes. It's just the same move over and over again. Chad is the guy doing the penguin dance. I do the weird MC Hammer or the mummy walk, depending on my mood.
#6- It's a Wonderful Life- Classic. (The angry alien version is also a blast. http://www.angryalien.com/) Cartoon Bunnies re-enact your favorite movies in 30 seconds. It's a Wonderful Life just happens to be my favorite Bunny re-enactment. "I wish I'd never been born!" "O.K.!"
#7- Rudolf- Just for the Island of Misfit Toys and the elf that wants to be a dentist.
*Honorable mention: The Grinch, the new Disney short "Prep and Landing", Shrek the Halls, Frosty, Christmas Carol (preferably the Mickey version), and the FIRST Santa Claus Movie.
Movies I miss: Alvin and the Chipmunk Christmas Special (old school), Garfield Christmas, and the California Raisins Christmas Special.
*Guilty pleasure- I actually liked Christmas with the Kranks. But I also liked the book "Skipping Christmas".
*Christmas confession: I have never seen "Miracle on 34th Street" or "Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus." Someday I promise I'll get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you nut--"Yes, Virginia..." isn't a movie. It's from a response to a letter to the editor!

    Watch Miracle. And I love "Meet Me in St. Louis"--not strictly Christmas, but I watch it this time every year.

    How about "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas"?

    ReplyDelete