Saturday, July 9, 2011

How to go crazy in 7 days (A How to guide)

Yup...pretty sure this was the guy.....
 Lets see, the week of July 3rd....where to begin.
Sunday: Barbecue with friends. Fireworks exploding all night long. Dogs are literally climbing the walls already and it's not even the fourth yet. But, I think to myself,  I am proud to be an American! I love the 4th of July. It's not so bad.....
Monday: Barbecue with more friends. Watch fireworks from the church parking lot. Charlie really liked the show. He is so fearless, it's one of the many things I absolutely adore about him. Late going to bed, but it really doesn't matter since our neighborhood sounds like a the battle of 1812. The fireworks are making my left eye twitch.
Tuesday-Friday: Our neighbor had a family emergency and had no one to watch her three children while she traveled out of state. So, of course, I volunteered. I know what its like not to have family within a days drive. It was the least I could do, and they were angels, truthfully. However, the logistics of having 4 children (ages 9, 7, and two 3 year olds) is another thing all together. Getting everyone into the car is like putting together a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle in the 100 degree weather. Charlie liked having his friends over, as long as the other 3 year old didn't try to get too cuddly with HIS mama. He shared everything except for me! Set off on a midnight expedition to find out who is setting off the stinkin' fireworks.
Tuesday: Receive an email from our social worker. She needs to come out to the house for our first post adoption report home visit this week or next. Uhhh......Chad left for his mission trip Saturday, so next week was out of the question. That left us with Tuesday or Friday. Either way, it was very short notice. It was either less than 24 hours or 72 hours. Needless to say, a lot of stuff is now piled in my closet. And how people clean anything with four children in the house is beyond me. We chose Friday.
P.S.- The fireworks are sending me over the edge.
Thursday: Dinner for 13? No problem. Every year I really enjoy cooking a special meal for the youth Mission leadership team. This year, the circumstances were a little different. Have you ever tried to read a  recipe while children scream in the background? I wish someone was shooting off fireworks to distract me from the chaos.
Friday: As if the fireworks had not frazzled my LAST nerve, I take the all the kids to Monkey Joe's for a special treat. I witness two women get into a fight. Like clockwork, my parents arrived at 4:30pm (my dad always goes on the Mission Trip with Chad and my mom is thankfully staying with me while Chad's away). The neighbor kids were picked up at 6:00pm. I hope they didn't pick up on the "you gotta get outta this house" vibe. From 6:00-6:30 I frantically picked up toys and ran the vacuum. Social worker arrived at 6:30. During the visit Charlie was, well Charlie. Running, laughing, flirting. She fell in love with him as most folks do :) I am starting to plan my revenge against the ignoramuses launching the fireworks. They will pay. Oh yes. They will pay. Mu-hahahahah.....
Saturday: 4:45am (went to bed approximately 2 hours ago due to stupid fireworks) Chad leaves for the trip to Ohio leading 85 people. Now it's his week to run ragged. It's 10:55 and I think they have finally run out of fireworks. After I post this blog I am going to Google "States that fireworks are illegal in"
Sunday: Move to said State.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Your neighborhood sounds worse than mine was. Granted we were out of town until Sunday, and only had to deal with Sun-Tues. but it was SO ANNOYING! I love fireworks also, but HATE them at 2 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes it is that time already, hard to believe we've been with our boys for five months now...six by the time all the paperwork gets to Russia. Our social worker is visiting on Monday.
    We are originally from Boston where fireworks are only for professionals and they do a great job at it, the best of both worlds. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry my friend- but I admit to laughing and chuckling through this post! And I have a sensative heart and I'm sure my BFF, who had my boys for about 1/2 of our trip to Russia, probably feels for you even more- if she had a blog, she may have had a similar post!
    And having a friend who has helped out when we truly needed extra help, I know you were such a HUGE blessing to her to mother her 3 kiddos! And extra so because 3 kids under the age of yours is just 3 extra kids- but 3 over the age of yours is uncharted territory and takes an extra special person!! You were just that person for her! Blessings to you for such friendship! Our Father sees your sacrifice, for 100% sure! ;o)

    ReplyDelete