Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Well that only took 15 months!

Russia and the US has finally reached a bilateral treaty concerning adoptions. I personally know families that traveled around the same time as we did that are still waiting....I just can't imagine. The 10 months we waited were absolutely excruciating. I can't imagine another 5 months.....
I hope and pray that in the next few weeks, Russian adoptions are at full force again. I found a lot of articles with a lot of spin, but this Question and Answer format comes directly from the State Department, I found it to be most informative our of everything I read.
Check out the article HERE
Please continue to pray for these waiting families, children, and agencies that have been in limbo for so long. I pray that this agreement strengthens relationships for our countries and the children waiting in orphanages, not hinders the process even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment