Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great News! (but not THE news)

I did a mobile update yesterday- but it's obviously lost in outer space! Sorry- I thought you already knew the good news!

We received our I-171-H approval in the mail yesterday from USCIS. That means- our fingerprints went through, our federal background check went through, SC DSS submitted an approved copy of our home study and all of those things orchestrated together and our approval letter and Visa 37 Cable was sent to Moscow! In layman's terms we are officially approved by the US Government to bring one darling Russian child into the United States. Or as the certificate reads "It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan as defined by section 101(B)(1)(F) of the Immigration and Nationality Act." Yipppeee!

Our fingerprints expire on 9/27/2010 and our I-171H expires on 1/13/11. Once our child has been identified we will need to file another form (I-600) requesting that specific child be granted passage into the country. As for now-we are thrilled to be one step closer!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah and Chad,
    I just found your blog through Jackie's blog. Congrats on getting your Homeland Security approval! It DOES make you one step (and a BIG one) closer!
    Hang in there and best wishes,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! I am so glad that we have another piece to the giant puzzle in place (I know how you like puzzles). It is all very confusing & I'm glad you have a handle on the process and can explain it to us in layman terms! All I know for sure is that I can't wait until you guys are Mommy & Daddy and we are Grandparents. Prayers, hugs & kisses. WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah and Chad -

    We are with CWA as well and currently waiting for a court date to bring our little girl home.

    Congrats on this big step in your adoption journey! I look forward to following along!

    Kim
    www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete