Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blissful!

I can feel it. It's just a hint in the air, but it's definitely there. Fall. Autumn. Whatever you call it, I love it! Now yesterday I was pulling weeds in the full sun (ick) it DID NOT feel like fall at all, but in the mornings and near dusk it's definitely there- like an old friend. When the breeze blows, it feels just a little crisper, a little fresher. Tomorrow, I might just get down the fall decorations and make it feel even more festive. Speaking things I love....
Tonight I went to see Julie and Julia with some friends- I loved it! I want to buy "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and go stuff a duck or something. It was so inspiring, I never realized how blissful Julia Child and her husband, Paul, were. It made me want to be more joyful! To laugh more, to be surrounded by people that I love more often. Not to care about my house being "perfect" to have friends over. I think Dr. Seuss might have said "People that mind don't matter, and people that matter don't mind." And you should always surround yourself with people that matter. Life is too short not to. I'll keep you posted about the duck thing. That may just be a whim...but I am definitely going to make effort to be more blissful! ;0)



No comments:

Post a Comment