Monday, February 16, 2009

Dad with a Mission.....

Today's blog is easy- you get to hear from my dad instead of my ramblings! As many of you know my dad makes tons of these crosses out of nails and hands them out to EVERYONE he meets. The teens in our youth group started making them too to use as a witnessing tool on our annual mission trip. It appears his ministry has an additional purpose now! He's been mailing out a cross with this letter to his friends he has made over the years. If you know Daddy (a.k.a. Ron or to our teens and Chad "Pop") he's never met a stranger and to know him is to love him. He is the hardest working, most genuine person I know and I am so blessed to have him in my life and for his support! If you want to order some crosses- The info is in their letter. I took out their home address and phone number for safety reasons since this is a public site, but mom's email address is in the letter. Below is his letter-it is so heartfelt! Talk to you all soon- Sarah
Greetings,

This cross was made for you. My wife, Jane & I, have said that for many years. Truly, it is for you. Enjoy it! In 1995, my wife & I started this ministry, giving away crosses as fast as I could make them. After making about 10,000 I have stopped counting. All the joys and the stories has been a blessing from God that makes it all worthwhile.

This year, God touched my heart with a vision. It is about a wonderful, caring and loving couple that wants to share their love with a child. This couple is my precious daughter Sarah and her husband Chad, who is like a son to me. God called them to South Carolina to serve God as a Youth Pastor & wife. After 9 years of marriage, they are ready to become parents. God has opened their eyes and some doors, showing them the possibility of adoption of a child that needs a Mom & Dad. God has already chosen this child and they have started the journey to adopt a child from Russia. The cost of this journey will be about $30,000 to $35,000. This is where the cross ministry comes in to help with some of the costs involved.

If you like the cross, it is yours to keep. If you would like to order additional crosses for family, friends, Sunday School Classes or just as a personal witness tool you can now purchase them. How much do they cost, that will be whatever God puts on your heart to donate to this adoption. You can donated directly to Christian World Adoption (http://www.cwa.org/) and make a donation in their name, Chad & Sarah Deetz. This way they will receive 100% of the money donated to bring their baby home and it is tax deductible. There is also a website (http://fromrussiawithlove2009.blogspot.com/) where Sarah writes “blogs” to keep us all updated on their adoption journey.

You can order crosses by email at bjane777@yahoo.com. Please allow 15 to 20 days on large orders over 30 crosses. I am excited to make crosses for you in an effort to bring this child into our family. I can guarantee that many will love him or her with all our hearts.

We are very appreciative of your support and prayers. We are counting the days when we will hold our own precious grandchild in our arms.

In His Amazing Grace,

Ron & Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment