Friday, February 6, 2009

Epidural Please!

Well we are on our way! With the help of our parents we raised the first $2,500 agency fee to be sent to C.W.A. I mailed it out and....POOF! Within 24 hours we had an e-mail with our online planner (what a great tool!) our case manager contact information, and our registration information for our 8 hour online course of study. I guess regular mail only takes like 12 hours to get to Flat Rock. Good to know. No need to "overnight/expedite" anything. C.W.A. is great- they are so on the ball! It's so nice to know that even though we don't know what we are doing, they obviously have everything under control.

So about the online planner..... how cool! It lists everything we need to do from start to finish. It's like adoption for dummies. "In just 25 easy steps you too can have your very own Babushka!" So I skimmed it (not to go too deep per my initial letter- I learned my lesson with the first stack of 200 pages) So it was like "USCIS, blah blah, blah..... Hague Regulations, blah, blah, blah, blood testing and kidney donations....uhhhhh????" Ooooh- Step 21 "preparing for travel" So I started to read. "Russia is only a "short flight" from New York City, only 10 hours." GASP. You know how I hate to fly. Chad still has bruises on his arm from our last (and only) flight together in 2002. So I did the math (I hate that too, but it pales in comparison to flying) and figured give or take optimal jet streams, I will spend 48 HOURS WITH MY FEET OFF THE GROUND. I love my feet on the ground! If our child as a teenager ever throws the "you don't love me" card believe me that will be the first item brought to their attention. 48 HOURS. That's all I'll say....
48 HOURS.

My friend Carol stated that that is going to be "my labor". She assured me that I could get some "good drugs" and I won't feel a thing. I only have one question- does Air Russia offer mid-flight epidurals? In case my first one wears off?

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through your link. Know that we are praying for you guys and for the little baby that will one day be in your arms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a dork! You'll be fine. Just like labor, you have lots of time to think about it, dwell on it, stress over it, and prep for it. You'll be FINE!

    ReplyDelete