Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day of "Rest"

Today, We did nothing adoption related. Well just talked to a few people on the phone about our "news" and answered a few e-mails.... but we filed out no paperwork, read no books, nothing! It was kinda weird. All day I kept feeling like I forgot something. Then I realized what I forgot was my pen in my hand filling out social security numbers, dates of birth, blood type, beverage preferences, boxers or briefs.
This weekend we were "practicing". Some of our dear friends finally sold their old house and were getting things in order for the closing. They didn't want to pull their 7th grader and 10th graders (who are in our youth group) out of school Thursday and Friday, and we were happy to "keep" them for a few days while their parents got the house in order. Chad and I arranged pick up and drop off times, homework, meal cooking and planning "Do you like onions?" bed times and shower scheduling, and extra-curricular activities. We caught a glimpse of ourselves many years down the road. Cat and Will are fabulous kids, their parents have done such a good job raising them. They are courteous, kind to each other, fun to be around, and tell great stories of "frien-a-me's" a friend that acts like your friend, but ends up being your enemy. (Go back and sound it out now) clothes, make-up, shoes, and Gray's Anatomy character development. Will can tell you with conviction why it is important to have an x-box 360 and how it is so much better than a regular x-box. I learned about Boy Scouts and teenage novel characters. It was a very good weekend and a much needed break from paperwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment