Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Information

Ok.... After I wrote the first blog last night, I realized that maybe people might like some more information about us and why we choose adoption.
Also- If I can figure out how to attach our initial "announcement" letter I'll do that too. That really sums up our feelings about adoption, why now, etc.
Our dear friends, Matt and Keri, adopted their son from Ethiopia through C.W.A. too. Matt and Chad spent their teenage years together through district Nazarene church functions. Then they both answered a call into Ministry. Matt's first youth pastor position was in Clearwater and ours was in Kissimmee. Those years were great and we got to see Matt and Keri and their growing family on a very regular basis. Well the one thing that stays the same about ministry is the moving part. Matt answered a call to a church in Michigan and us to Waycross, Georgia. Matt still cam down one week each summer to be our special retreat speaker for our youth kids. I still remember the visit where Matt told us they were adopting! It was so exciting! It became evident that God doesn't just tell his "staff" where to go and where to serve, but also how to love. Not just people that are right in front of us- but little people that may live a world away.
At that point Chad and I had not yet given up on starting our own family the "old fashioned" way. But now, 9 years into our marriage and no baby- we are moving on to another game plan. A plan that God lays out for us in scripture loud and clear! “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress” James 1:27a
So the choice was very easy for us. I know some women would not feel complete unless a child is born of her own flesh. God has always blessed me with a peaceful spirit. I feel so at peace about the adoption process. It seems very natural for me. I want a baby. There are over 100 million orphaned babies that need a loving home. I have a loving home. (and church, and family, and friends, and community) A+B=C. It's like that commercial with the easy button. I honestly don't know what took us so long.....

No comments:

Post a Comment