Saturday, February 28, 2009

Progress!

Today's progress was, well, progressive! My little sister (she's 23!) came over to the house this morning to help clean and organize. Chad stuck to the outside and we tackled the inside.
Inside news- The good news is that the house looks very good on the inside. Unfortunately, often times in a deep clean or an organizational situation, the more you clean the more junk you unveil. We have a huge stack of "garage sale" items in the middle of our kitchen. We got rid of four trash bags of, well, trash! It's unbelievable how much junk two people can accumulate. Example: Things in our kitchen that we have, yet never use- Quesadilla Maker, Waffle Maker, rice steamer, and not one but TWO fondue pots! You get the idea. Tomorrow after church I may tackle the clothing "situation" as in only 70% of our clothes actually fit in our closet and drawers! We'll see how that goes.
Outside news- Chad borrowed a pressure washer for the weekend so come rain or storm he was going to pressure wash, darn it! Unfortunately for him, it did rain AND storm. All day long. A slow cold drizzle nonetheless. He took a two hour "break" to go to the church to set up the gym for the Contemporary service in the morning, but other than that he spent all day out in the cold rain pressure washing the house, the sidewalk, the patio slab, and the x-spider colony that was the playground. I took a picture of him at work, here it is.....What a trooper! You can really see the difference in this picture-there is a line where the window starts of before and after!


One more MAJOR accomplishment today- I FINISHED THE ADOPTION BOOK!!! YIPPPPEEEE!!!! I was so looking forward to the day I could write those words. I took the test a few minutes ago and I failed.

JUST KIDDING! I got a 100% Wow! I have never been known for my test taking skills- the test was 78 questions long and I didn't know the answer to the first question! But that was the only one I struggled with, the rest was relatively easy. That first question sent me into a "uh oh" moment, but I recovered nicely and passed with flying colors! Thank goodness- We have concluded the "educational" aspect of the adoption. We have both taken our online 8 hour course and passed and now the book (the other 2 hours) is done too! Now we can shift our focus to paperwork. Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Right now I am so envious of you…your finished with the adoption parenting book! I am on page 45 of 485! Good job! It’s a book full of great material, I just can’t get motivated to large amounts of it at once, I’m moving at snail pace compared to you!

    ReplyDelete