Sunday, March 1, 2009

A place for everything and everthing in its place....


Ahh....... I love it when my house is clean. Even though it only stays that way for, uh, roughly 12 hours- it's still a very nice feeling.

Once when I was about 13 years old I got a really bright idea- my mom wanted me to clean my room- I mean really clean it- like get rid of clothes and and organize everything in my drawers. I sat in the middle of my floor for about an hour or so, doing whatever teenagers do- dreaming about some cute boy or whatever and then it struck me! We kept all the suitcases under my bed for family vacation. I think mostly to keep me from shoving stuff under there. But I thought "those things are empty!" So I pulled them all out and began stuffing them full of clothes and junk until they were full and slid them back underneath the bed. Genius! Well that is until summer vacation rolled around. Not so genius. After that I got a daybed with a trundle underneath. But it was a good idea at the time I guess.

Chad and I had a fun filled weekend of cleaning and organizing. I think I am going to call our home study social worker and see if we can bump our home study to this next weekend- A clean house is hard to come by and I know things will magically clutter itself up by March 14th! As long as she doesn't open any of the suitcases I think we will be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment