Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cake Masters!

Here are the pictures from our final night of Course One, the rose night! To the left is my cake, Brittany's is the other yellow rosed one, Michele's is pink. Shani was sick :0(

Every week we've learned a different part of the rose, leading up to this Monday night where we learned how to put the petals on. It was a lot harder than one would think. I think I am the only person of our group of four that is entertaining the thought of taking the next group of courses, level II. The roses almost did me in though....So I'm still thinking about it. The bad thing is that there is no break, the next level of classes starts next Monday night.


After class we had dinner with our dear friends, Mark and Dale, and I was talking with Mark about the adoption, of course, and we were talking about the waiting. We are 5 months into the process, less than a month into the "official" wait with our Dossier in St. Petersburg. I think the key to waiting is to stay as busy as possible and go about life as usual, which for us is 100 miles a minute. I think it's a good thing that when I grocery shop, I count the number of meals we will be eating at home per week, and it usually amounts to three or less. Time honestly flies by. I can't believe the 4th of July is this weekend! Mark brought up a great point. He pointed to his oldest son, who is about 5 years younger than we are, and said "By the time your son/daughter is his age, you won't remember the waiting or whether or not they came in October, November, or February." In the grand scheme of things, a year goes by in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment