Thursday, April 2, 2009

10 things I've learned this week......

1. Waiting makes your face break out in pimples and gives you your first gray hair (Yes, both have happened to me this week)
2. Waiting makes you eat everything in site to fill the time and because you are stressed and emotional.
3. On that note, both Little Debbie snack cakes and Reece's individually wrapped peanut butter cups cost more, but have gotten smaller, I would say roughly by 30%. I'm no mathematician, but they are definitely smaller.
4. No matter what your adoption circumstance, someone else is in a more frustrating position than you are- (see Ashley and Amy's Blog on this site- "To Russia With Love") Please pray for them too ;0)
5. When you are missing a part from Ikea on something you purchased (ie: the support bar holding up the back legs of a highchair) you have to talk to 12 people before they send you the part in the mail. They were very nice though and I think one person in customer service was actually Swedish which was cool.
6. Barbecue smell from a neighbor's brush fire in their yard takes approximately 2 days to dissipate from your house.
7. My dreams always have babies in them now.
8. Penn State should have made it into the NCAA tournament, but it's ok because they JUST won the NIT tournament. 66th place is best place! (that is what Chad learned this week).
9. Don't waste your time being angry about things you can't control. (Ok, I just listed that one because I thought it was the right thing to say..... I'm still really mad.)
10. Pet stores sell only one sex of any given animals. (ie: The Petsmart in Spartanburg only carries MALE hamsters, the Petsmart in Greenville only carries FEMALE hamsters) That's why you don't ever see baby hamsters/gerbils/ferrets at pet stores. I'm not adopting anymore animals into our house, I just overheard a phone conversation with a sales associate while buying dog food this week and thought I would pass this fascinating fact onto you.

Won't you be glad when I have some real news to report on? Aren't you looking forward to the BIG wait when we are waiting on a referral? Imagine all the knowledge you'll gain then..... I might open my own school of thought. I'll call it "Sarah's Academy of Useless Trivia"

No comments:

Post a Comment