Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holy Toast Batman!

I was driving home tonight doing some "car thinking" (I do my best thinking in the shower and in the car by the way) And I thought to myself- what are we going to talk about when things have slowed down and we are just waiting? I guess getting our home study draft has kind of put things in perspective. My personal goal is to have our registration packet and immigration approval forms filled out and in route to Russia in 2-3 weeks (definately before summer holiday in Russia) After that.....then what? I want to talk to you everyday, sometimes I think it's for my own benefit, but it has become a habit, and I hope you are enjoying reading the blog..... But what if our wait is 9 more months or gasp..... longer? Are you going to get bored of my random thinking? Are you going to lie to me and tell me that you "love the blog" even though you haven't signed on in weeks? Or worse yet, ARE YOU GOING TO BREAK UP WITH ME? I just don't think I could handle that!
Am I so self absorbed that I think I could hold your attention for 9 months? Then I thought, well I could just blog on say, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Then I thought I could pick a rotation of topics to correspond with the day of the week. But I think I am too ADHD for that kind of structure. Then I thought I could just continue to talk to you everyday even if it's about whatever strikes my fancy, like today, my friend Falecia sent me this story in our local newspaper about a lady that saw the face of Jesus in her cheese toast. It had a picture of the lady (from Lake Bowen, SC by the way- like 30 minutes from here) and she was holding up this piece of toast with some cheese burnt to it. I could not see Jesus in the toast to save my soul. (No pun intended) I guess if you squint your eyes and hold your head just right, you can kind of see a face, but it looks more like John Lennon to me.... Here, you can see for yourself. The article was titled "Holy Toast". Can you believe this is news worthy? I mean I can write about it because I just have a lil' ol' blog- but a real circulating newspaper? Anyway, whether you can see a face or not, I just decided to write about whatever I want, when I want. I will totally understand if you get bored of me (but please don't break up with me all together!) But if you keep reading- I'll keep writing, O.K? I make no promises about the content or quality of my work in the months to come! However, I am open to suggestions, comments, and will accept any food items with faces or words hidden in them for future topic ideas when things get really desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment