Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busted!

As you know the Children's Consignment sale at our church this week and volunteers (that would be me...) got to shop early on Wednesday afternoon before the masses arrived on Thursday morning. Well I brought my friend Michele with me on my lunch break we set out to go and check it out. We got a shopping cart and the fun began! Michele has a son and was giving me tidbits of advice- "Ohhh you need that....." or "Noooo you don't that at all" And at some point the cart was overflowing and I was carrying a stack of books and a Noah's ark musical toy in my arms bending over a shelf full of videos and Michele says "Uh oh.....busted." I peer over the stack of Baby Einstein videos and uh oh- it's Chad! Busted! He looked at me and looked at the cart of baby goodness and just shook his head..... then he said "so much for not buying anything for the baby until we know what it is and how old they are!"But I know he was secretly excited about all the cool stuff!
I bought:
1-Musical Noah's Ark toy with all these cute animals that make noise
2-Baby swing with music and vibration
3- Baby monitor with a T.V. and a "night vision" camera
4- Electronic blocks by Baby Einstein that allows the baby to "compose" different songs and play them back (still in the box!)
5- Maisy Book
6- Rainbow Fish Book
7- Furry/texture book about puppies
8- Box set of 4 Baby Einstein books
9- Volume II Baby Einstein DVD box set with 6 DVDs
10-Baby Sling carrier (new in box)
11- Baby "backpack" carrier (new in box- for airport lugging, not the scary one I wrote about a few nights ago- this one is cute and plaid!)
12-Eddie Bauer travel diaper bag with a cooler and changing pad (for our journey home)

So before I tell you the end of the story- My mom sent me a check for $100 as consignment "funny money" and guess how much the grand total for everything was...down to the penny??? You guessed it, $100 on the dot! How cool is that? The theme for our lives has always been "God will provide" and he continues to do so. So the baby's room is starting to gather a few items- we are so excited!

Currently, Chad is steam cleaning the carpets. He said he "really wanted to go that before Portia came on Saturday" Ha Ha! No, I suggested it and of course, being the wonderful, lovely husband he is- came home from work and started working. We are almost ready! Just a few more little things to do and we are set!

No comments:

Post a Comment