Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Consignment Sale

Tonight I volunteered at the Children's Consignment Sale at our church. The United Methodist women hold the sale twice a year (once in the Spring and once in the Fall) and all proceeds benefit local missions. The sale actually starts this Wednesday (for volunteers and consignors) and since Sunday they have been taking items in and organizing them in the gym. I've worked the sale before, but never with "new mom" eyes. Whoa. The whole gym is packed full of clothes, shoes, toys, furniture, games, you name it- they have it! And I wanted it all! I fell in love with the little tiny seer sucker suits and the frilly dresses with the matching under-roos. I played with the toys and perused all the gadgets. Usually, I am a very "get it done" person when it comes to work, but I'll admit I spent the majority of my time tonight distracted by all the adorable baby items. My friend Marie was there too and she was a great motivator- not to work- but to "Ooohhh" and "Ahhhh" over all the cute things.

So far my wish list includes:

1-A baby strap-on carrier (baby bjorn?) I think it will be helpful carrying baby through the airport, it holds up to 35 pounds- That's heavy! Our dog weighs 35 pounds I can't image carrying him strapped to my chest through a terminal trying to catch a flight and I don't think Alex would like that very much. (Times I'm glad I have a big strong husband)
2-One of those cloth grocery cart baby seat covers (no yicky germs)
3- A really cool "Baby Einstein" music maker (still in the original box) for $5! What a great deal....
4-MAYBE a baby drum set. I know it looks cute so he/she can be "just like dad" but in my head I'm thinking that may be a bad choice. Yes- take that off the list.

I know I am "putting the kid before the horse" but I just can't help it! I'm addicted to baby things like I used to be addicted to jewelry, shoes, and clothes. We'll I still love those things too, but since our money diet (no unnecessary spending allowed!) Baby things have become my next fix! Thank goodness we don't know the sex or age of the baby, it really helps curb my need for tiny, mini, adorable things!

This is an example of "not adorable" I found on the Internet. That baby is saying "Help me". But this looks very helpful if you have any plans on hiking the Appalachian Trail anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment