Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Practice.....



We were able to get some more parent practice this weekend with Sam and Seth. While Jana and Blair were out of town, we volunteered to watch the boys and we had a super fun time. On Friday night before Blair left the house he told the boys SEVERAL times "Now you boys be on your best behavior. DO NOT change Chad and Sarah's minds about having kids, do you understand me?" "Yes Sir". On Friday night we watched the "Ben 10" season finale on T.V. (Don't worry I didn't know what that was either, but I had no trouble catching on) Then I watched the boys play some Wii, (it's amazing how they catch right on to how to manipulate those controls, I'll stick to bowling) THEN we watched "How to Eat Fried Worms" (I hear that's up for an Oscar this year) Ok I'm joking about the Oscar, don't run out and rent that one, UNLESS you have pre-adolescent boys in the house. So by the time we went to bed it was about 12:30! I thought we would sleep in in the morning. WRONG. I guess they were really excited to start the day!


So around 7:45 (Yes, 7:45AM) I made mini M&M pancakes (a variation on Rick's chocolate chip deliciousness) WITH whipped cream on top, we watched some cartoons, played some more Wii and then got ready to go and see the new Pixar movie- Monsters v. Aliens IN 3-D! So we drove to Greenville, Brittany in tow, in the pouring rain. What a great day for a movie. It was highly entertaining and the 3-D effects were pretty darn cool. I think the boys enjoyed it.... Here they are in their 3-D glasses. We had to photo-op when we got back to the house because it was raining cats and dogs outside the theater.

We had such a great time this weekend with the boys~ I would do it again anytime. Sam and Seth are a lot of fun and are really funny, sweet kids. Jana and Blair you've done a GREAT job, we'll definitely be coming over for parenting classes.

One more picture- I don't think we'll have to worry about Alex (our dog) liking kids- he obviously seemed like having them around very much too!

No comments:

Post a Comment