Thursday, March 5, 2009

This one is for Bob.....

I was just about to call it a night (how can you be so tired after a two day work week?) When Chad came home from the church evangelism meeting. We talked about the days events- work, life, Dr. Cole signing our "we're in good shape and good candidates for adoption" letter we sent over to him today for our home study requirements, when we started talking about the meeting and what was discussed.
Chad mentioned that Bob, who is a member of our church and a dad of one of our youth, Todd. (Who by the way is a GREAT kid and I can't say enough nice things about Bob and Linda, they are just salt of the earth kind of people, you can ask anyone!) Anyway, Bob said to everyone at the meeting how much he loves our blog and looks forward to reading it everyday. So I couldn't let him down with nothing to read today! Now, I'm not just saying that to toot my own horn- let me explain.
I feel that in a lot of ways this blog has brought people together. I have found that unexpected people have taken a real interest in our story and our future baby. When you watch the news (especially lately) we have a tendency to dwell on how different we are, republican/democrat, liberal/conservative, christian/not, black/white, whatever. We focus on how people are filled with despair during these tough times and it is so easy to focus on what is bleak, dark, and uncertain. In a way, at least for me, this lets me blow off stress and fear. It keeps me connected to friends and family in Florida, Pennsylvania, Alaska, California, Michigan, Georgia, and our new friends through adoption that are fighting the same fight that we are. Even if we don't have a common thread through adoption, infertility, Christianity, we do have a common thread in hope. Hope that we can love unconditionally because we have been loved so much. Hope that family (whether it is by blood or by circumstance) will always be the tie that binds us all together. We want to believe in something that is bigger than we are and what can be bigger than bringing a baby into the world?
I am so honored to share this experience with you all and I feel so blessed that you all have taken such an interest in our story and have chosen as a community to be dedicated to bring this child into our family. And when I say family I mean everybody- friends from high school, church family, co-workers, all the people that have told my mom "I love reading about your kids!" Wow..... We have been so taken aback by the support you have given us thus far and we cannot thank you enough. So this one is for Bob, and everyone else that have so graciously embraced us and embraced hope too!

No comments:

Post a Comment