Monday, March 30, 2009

So that's what it looks like.....


So today when I got home from work, look what was in the mailbox! Something that has been Apostilled! Our marriage license that I sent in to Tallahassee last Monday was in the box- all official and stuff! How cool is that? I'm glad were aren't living in Florida anymore because the Apostille rate PER DOCUMENT there is $20 (for court certified items such as a Marriage certificate) and $10 PER DOCUMENT for all other documents. In South Carolina it's only $2.00 per document no matter what the item is. With the 30 or so documents that need to be Apostilled here, you can imagine how the cost would really soar is we were living in Florida. California is the most expensive, weighing in at $25.00 per document. Meagan, move somewhere else if you and Matt ever decide to adopt a baby! And several items we are sending require two originals..... cha ching. God bless South Carolina.
We are still waiting on the draft of our home study. Argghhhh. My patience are stretching very thin. I guess I am going to have to call tomorrow. Everything else is ready to go to our SC Apostille office so I can show you how cool South Carolina items look with the fancy-schmancy seal and attached certificate.
P.S.- The spell check on blogger is not working tonight, I would like to apologize for any terribly spel-ed werds.

No comments:

Post a Comment