Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sister Day :0)


Today Britt and I had sister day! We went to Ikea in Charlotte.... Whoa. I've never been to an actual store, just subscribe to the catalog. It was amazing! This picture does us no justice-It was REALLY windy outside.
After walking 8 miles inside the maze of modern, portable living on the second floor we ate lunch in the cafe. We had Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy with lingonberry sauce and Swedish sparkling water to drink. It was pretty darn good. Britt bought a petal chandelier. It came in a box the size of a box of cereal. It was very entertaining watching her put it together. I bought these adorable track lights with fish on them- cute! And a really groovy portable collapsible high chair thingy. I had to put that together and it was missing the cross bar on the back set of legs. I went on Ikea.com a few minutes ago and let "Anna" know. Luckily I won't be needing the chair for a while.

It was a very fun day, well worth the drive to Charlotte. If I had to sum up Ikea in a sentence it would be "I love those cheap, modern Swedes with their miles of funky goodness!" After that we had a nice sister bonding dinner together and I left the waitress extra tip because she thought we were twins! I hope someday "Baby Deetz" can have a great brother or sister like I have. It's funny- I spent the first half of my life trying to stay as far away from my sister as possible and the last half never being able to get enough of her kindness, humor and friendship. I Love my Uggie!



No comments:

Post a Comment